OMD E-M1 ii Front Dial - Stiff Vague Mushy Rubbery, Is this normal?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 9,777
Re: OMD E-M1 ii Front Dial - Stiff Vague Mushy Rubbery, Is this normal?

My impression of my M1.2 is that the dials are about the same. They have “positive” movement, “stiffer” than the M10.2 (that I have) where the dials more freely move or are fidgety as I describe them. The M10.2 dials move freely enough that I need to check settings between every pause in usage on the same trip where I have the camera in hand continuously. I rarely have accidental dial movement on the M1.2. The M1.1. Is a completely different story as the rear dial had a distinct problem of spinning without changing settings and front occasionally. Since fixed they have the same positive feel that I find on the M1.2 … Just for anyone else interested, my M5.3 dials are a bit stiffer than the M1.2 and being smaller they are a bit harder to turn but I really don't mind. .... Just a user experience to add to others who may respond. Not sure how this helps or confuses your issue as all usage/handling is very subjective ...

Stay Well ...

WhyNot

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow