Medium Telephoto Wildlife photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
an_also
an_also Regular Member • Posts: 494
Medium Telephoto Wildlife photography

Hey friends,

Most of the wildlife work i've done has been using my Super Tele FOV of 400mm or 560mm. Of course they look great and has a very unique look. But as a wildlife photog I want to expand my spectrum with the types of shots I'm taking.

I am curious about short to medium tele wildlife work...anywhere from 70-150mm range. Does anyone have any shots to share for inspiration? Or any links to such type of work? I've done a bit of google searching and its hard to find a lot in that specific area. I would assume most of the shots in this range would include a lot of the environment etc.

I'm looking at buying a cheap used Canon 85mm 1.8 for my APS-C (135mm ff eqv) backup body to have with me in the field along with my 400 prime. Does anyone have any other recos to the type of lenses I can accompany my backup APSC with my prime in the field?

Thanks

-- hide signature --
 an_also's gear list:an_also's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 400mm F4 DO IS II USM Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 6D Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow