tiny insects in viewfinder (true)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alex Stewart in NL Forum Member • Posts: 82
tiny insects in viewfinder (true)

I bought a nearly new S1R from KEH, a very good vendor. I've bought a lot from them in the past (mainly Olympus and Nikon gear).

I got the S1R because I get very large prints of landscapes made. Turns out I really like the camera. Might as well also commend the 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 lens - terrific for landscapes.

Generally I ignore the two tiny mites (wee fly-like critters) in the middle area of the (excellent) viewfinder. They look in focus. They don't show up on the rear, and they aren't on the sensor. I've done the f/22 of the bright sky test. They're the most annoying when using the viewfinder to review images.

I would think it would take some time (I'm in Newfoundland) and some money to get this fixed professionally. I also don't want to take KEH to task - it was in great shape otherwise. I'll probably go on ignoring the two interlopers. However, maybe, just maybe, someone has an idea of how to remove them safely. Thanks much.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow