Real bennefit of ISO50 in Eos R !

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Lbs26
Lbs26 Forum Member • Posts: 58
Real bennefit of ISO50 in Eos R !

Hi everybody !I have recently used alot Dual Pixel Raw in Canon Eos R,i have used it for more dynamic range...by spliting 1 raw in 2 dng files with Dpr Split.As we know the benefit of Dual Pixel Raw is if you blow your highligts by 1EV,then you can recover it back using Dpr Split.

Now how i use it ?

Setting the camera at iso50 only and exposing properly by watching the histogram not to blow anything and you will end up by overexposed by 1 stop photo which is normal because iso50 in Eos R and 5d mark 4 its not extending the dynamic range in anyway,but if you activate Dual Pixel Raw,you can then easy recover that 1 stop,and works perfectly.

So i set iso50,activate Dual Raw,expose the photo perfectly with the histogram,and the blown out parts recover back with Dpr split.

Hope that this can help if somebody wants more dynamic range at cost free !

The photo in the example is + 2.50 stops and Shadows at + 100%,just to make sure its visible the difference.

Lbs26's gear list:Lbs26's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow