Z6II or D850 to add to my D500

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
techguy817 New Member • Posts: 2
Z6II or D850 to add to my D500

Hey everyone!

I've been shooting digital for 20+ years and currently have a D500. Really been enjoying it. Primarily do travel photography, landscapes, and nature. For lenses I have the latest Nikon 70-200 as well as some DX lenses including 12-24 and Tamron 18-400. Going to Bryce and Zion in December and just generally want to get another camera body so I have two again (used to have the D300S and D200 and like having two sets of lenses/cameras readily available).

Current options include.

- Another D500. Good price and I know the camera but still crop sensor and video is poor (I don't do much video but might be nice to have. Last time I left on my D500 for a long video recording it seemed to overheat and shut down).
- D850. Full frame and somewhat similar controls to D500. Could use my 70-200 lens on it but that's about it for now. Video performance still not great.
- Z6II or Z7II with kit lens. Full frame, modern, smaller package, very good video. Controls different than D500 though, not super great battery life.

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Nikon D200 Nikon D300S Nikon D500 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow