WTB - Olympus AC-3 Power Adapter

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 26,912
Re: WTB - Olympus AC-3 Power Adapter

Sam Bennett wrote:

Anyone have an Olympus AC-3 Power Adapter sitting around that they want to sell me? Looking to power an E-M1 Mark I through the HLD-7 grip.

Olympus has discontinued the AC-3 power adapter. But even when they sold it, I tended to think the AC-3 (and AC-1 before it) was horribly overpriced.

Note, the AC-3 uses the same plug as the earlier AC-1 used for the E-1, E-300, E-3, E-30, and E-5 used with their battery grips. According to the specifications printed on the AC-1 and AC-3, the amps provided by the AC-3 is somewhat higher than the AC-1. That being said, I believe the AC-1 provides enough power to run the current Olympus cameras.

In the E-1 era, there was a clone maker that made a clone of the AC-1, that they called the PS-AC1. You can find this in some online stores, if you look for it specifically. I bought the PS-AC1, and it ran my E-m1 mark I.

I bought the PS-AC1 to get the plug. I sliced off the cable, and inserted a 5.5mm x 2.1mm standard plug between the AC adapter and the cable. I use the plug to hook up to other 9v power sources, including USB boosters that provide 9v from 1 or 2 USB connections, and USB C-PD with a trigger to give 9v from modern USB C-PD batteries.

Here are the PS-AC1's that I have stored in my various wish lists or found via a search:

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow