White backing surface for copy stand documentation

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tristan Per New Member • Posts: 1
White backing surface for copy stand documentation

I'm having trouble finding a good white material to use underneath images I am capturing on my copy stand.

I use an XRite ColorChecker for white balance and exposure with my Kaiser copy stand and Sony a7r camera, and I wish I could just purchase a 24x30" panel of that bright white color from the ColorChecker to use underneath the prints I am documenting. But that doesn't seem to exist...

The various backing paper I've found always seems to be a little yellow, or is not bright enough, and I am seeing recommendations to get a white melamine panel, but I am not sure what white I will get. I am also unsure how the melamine is in terms of reflections. And regarding paper backing, it's hard to lay the paper flat enough to not introduce subtle lighting irregularities. And regardless, none of those solutions of are standardized.

Any recommendations? Thank you.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7R Sony a7R IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow