Open source software

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark Scott Abeln
Mark Scott Abeln Forum Pro • Posts: 16,197
Re: Open source software

José Luís Malaquias wrote:

I have been trying to pick some open source or otherwise free software for three basic operations, on pictures taken on my D780:

1 Panorama stitching

2 HDR combination

3 Focus bracketing combination

The problem is there are so many to choose from, and I do not have time or patience to try them all. Are there any programs that you regularly use for these tasks, that you would care to recommend?

Are you just looking for free software, or software that provides the source code so that you can make your own program modifications?

For free software, Microsoft ICE is frequently recommended for panorama stitching.

Hugin is free and open source, and it does panorama stitching with lots of customization, but it is not easy to use. One component used by Hugin is Enfuse, and it can do exposure blending—giving approximately the same effect as HDR—as well as focus bracketing. I’ve used this software extensively.

Mark Scott Abeln's gear list:Mark Scott Abeln's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow