M5ii I'm still optimistic

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cmcm789 Regular Member • Posts: 227
M5ii I'm still optimistic

Mis information and lack of information aside, i am still optimistic canon will bring out another "flagship" M.

The rumoured M50 with 32MP sensor etc sounded like an M5ii, could this have been a incorrect leak?

We may have to wait for another 6 months before anything appears. Canon won't want to eat into M50ii sales. The same way they waited for the M6ii to be released a few months before releasing the M50ii so that the M50ii wouldn't take sales from the M6ii.

It's not the same as the R5 and R6, these are worlds apart in what they offer and their price tags. The price difference and specifications are very close in the M series. Also, the release of an M5ii crop sensor will not impact on the sales of a full frame R series of at least twice the price (£1k premium).

The lack of information and timing/perceived delays are marketing at work and not any indecisiveness from those at canon or killing off of the M line. I might be off my rocker here, but i wouldn't be surprised if some new glass is announced in 2021 at the same time, once the RF lens have taken a firm grip in the market and canon have their loyal RF customers hooked in.

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS R5 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow