XF 18mm F1.4 and 16mm f1.4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,164
Re: XF 18mm F1.4 and 16mm f1.4

Hi vegetaleb,

That third image is the 16mm.  Only the first two are the future 18mm prototype.  My guess from the pix is that it may be one filter size smaller than the 16mm - maybe a 62mm filter thread.  Certainly no less than a 58mm.

I'd be very happy if it is 58mm - I once standardized all my lenses to 58mm accessories and then along came the 16mm and it no longer worked....  The 16/1.4 is one of the few Fuji lenses that you can't use with a step down ring at least a size or two smaller.

I guess whether one likes the 18mm will depend to some extent on one's kit.  It would pair nicely with the 14mm, where the 16mm pairs better with a 12mm.  OTOH, the 16mm pairs better with a 23mm.....  Take your pick.

I'm not sure what you're using now and why one lens alone would induce you to change systems.....

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow