16/2.8 and 16/1.4 - Comparison image pair - Thoughts?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,164
Re: 16/2.8 and 16/1.4 - Comparison image pair - Thoughts?

Hi Oscar,

I'm mostly a jpeg user.  When I started with Fuji back in 2014, ACR was lousy for X trans, good alternatives hadn't become available, the "worms" discussion was in full swing.  Quite a few people reckoned they couldn't do better than Fuji's jpegs anyway.   I got sick of the debate and never felt that the jpegs weren't good enough for modest prints.  Jpegs also allow usage of the film sims.  And the suite of mods that can be done with jpegs suited my minimal intervention tastes.  I do acknowledge that more detail might be obtainable via raw.  I'm no expert at PP, so I'll get my son to help me extract the best from a few.  When I get time....

It will actually be interesting to see whether raw processing affects either lens differently - it shouldn't - if it's better for one, and the same PP is applied, it should surely be better for both?  We'll see.

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow