A7R IV to DNG vs A7R III native (or close)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
alpshiker Contributing Member • Posts: 559
A7R IV to DNG vs A7R III native (or close)

Hi, I just looked into upgrading the A7R II with an A7R III, and then found some special offers for the IV with important rebates – though no rebates on the III, not even a cashback. The price difference being around $400, I am seriously tempted. But then I remember that if the III ARW files are compatible with my purchased LR6 and PS6, I will have to take a new subscription if I take the A7R IV.

OK, I know I can use DNG converter, which should allow me to work on those files. I do mostly landscape stitching in DNG anyway. But what will I loose from the original embedded processing information when converting to DNG? Is the move still OK, given the bang for the bucks the latest represents now? OK I also use Canon glass with the MC-11 to shoot people (I mean, gently), where I should get a substantial benefit in AF speed.

Well I guess that I just need that little extra push to help me make my mind !

alpshiker's gear list:alpshiker's gear list
Sony a7R II
Sony a7R Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow