Dual IS lens compatibility with Panasonic GX9

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dkrohn New Member • Posts: 2
Dual IS lens compatibility with Panasonic GX9

Newbie question

Looking to upgrade to a gx9 from a gx1. I have 2012 era G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 and G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm / F4.0-5.6.

I am trying to understand whether dual i.s. will work for these lenses.  It seems like I read a few comments on the forum that they do not, however, by looking at the Panasonic website it appears that there are firmware updates for these lenses.

Should I upgrade my lenses along with my camera, or will they work for me?  I was considering the compact 12-32 zoom lens as a replacement to the 14-42 but I would be bummed to have to replace my bigger zoom.  (maybe I would just jump ship and look at Fujifilm.....  (after reading thru the forum a bit I was perturbed to see that shutter shock with my gx1 was involving my other lenses, not just the kit lens. I was in denial about this but looking back, it now explains a few problems I had in the past.)

Thankyou for your advice.  Hoping to make a easy upgrade!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Leica X Vario Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow