What would you buy today?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cjfeola Junior Member • Posts: 41
What would you buy today?

TL;DR version: Accidently fell in love with an Olympus OMD EM10 mi that I bought to use with my stable of Pentax Auto 110 lenses. Added the jewel-like 45/1.8 and it's become my DD. So I'm thinking of upgrading the body; I bought the EM10 because it was super cheap. I mostly shoot street and landscape, and prefer B&W.

I'm NOT interested in anything big. I already have multiple backups filled with huge, heavy high-end gear I drag out when I need it. I want something small and brilliant that I can effortlessly take everywhere. It must have a viewfinder, or I would take out my Pentax Q series stuff again.

So I'm looking at the Olympus Pen-F, which is selling new for $999. I've heard lot's of raves for it's B&W mode, which is tempting.

But the OMD EM5 iii is also selling for $999, and it's brand new. And I understand it's similar in size to the EM10.

And then there's the new 20megapixel OMD EM10 iv for $699.

Finally, there's the OMD EM1 ii selling for $899 these days. But it looks a LOT bigger and heavier.

Thoughts? Advice?

TIA!

Cjf

Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GGD
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow