Nikon 300 PF + Nikon TC 1,4E

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Baggio75 Junior Member • Posts: 26
Nikon 300 PF + Nikon TC 1,4E

Hi!

I have asked this question in the Nikon lens forum but I will have a go here as well since I think many users have this combo along with the D500.

I’m looking at buying the Nikon 300 F4 PF and the Nikon TC 1,4E to get into wildlife photography.

I would like to be able to take pictures of eagles, owls and hawks but also larger animals like reindeers.

I have read the reviews on Photographylife.com and others sites and also the forums on fredmiranda.com where they say this combination is really good.

I have also read a thread here on dpreview.com

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4458925

where some is saying it will be the same result by cropping photo from the bare lens without the TC.

What do you guys think, is it worth buying also the 1,4E TC or should I go for the lens only and crop the images ?

I have a Nikon D7500 and a Nikon Z6 and a Nikon 70-300 AF-P VR (FX).

I would like to be able to carry the Z6 + 14-30 F4 Z or 24-70 F4 Z and then D7500 + tele lens so I can take landscape and wildlife pictures without the hassle of changing lenses.

I’m looking at a lightweight combo since I feel that the Nikon 200-500 VR is too heavy.
What is your recommendation?

Thanks and best regards

Peter

Nikon D5 Nikon D500 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow