Lens recommandation ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
shrekman300 New Member • Posts: 2
Lens recommandation ?

Hi,

I need help about two lens choices I need to make.

First : i shoot a Nikon Z7 and do a lot of landscape photography. I noticed recently that my widest prime (20mm 1.8G) (i mainly shoot primes) is both not wide enough for some compositions, and rather unsharp on the corners.

-- hide signature --

> I need advice on a replacement. Either a prime between 15 and 20mm, or rather a zoom that covers those focals. It needs to have good corner sharpness, at least better than the 20mm 1.8G. And it needs not to be a top of the line very expensive lens. This means under 1000 dollars/euros.

Second : I used up to now a 35mm 1.8G and a 50mm 1.8G as my replacements for a standard zoom. I really like their sharpness. But to be honest i'd like to have a zoom instead of them now. Everyone seem to like the Z 24-70 F4, plus it is rather inexpensive and light.

----> Is it at least as sharp at those focals as my primes (hard to find online), or sharper ? And how bad is the distortion ? I know nikon automatically fixes it, and i'm not bothered by straight lines becoming weird, but rather by a possible degradation of sharpness on the sides/corners.

I print quite a lot and often compose my shots with important elements in the corners, which is why sharpness there is important to me.

Thanks for your help !

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow