This thread is locked.
breeze_of_wind
breeze_of_wind Senior Member • Posts: 1,332
Re: Pentax K flagship APS-C DSLR camera is delayed

Alex Sarbu wrote:

petarbos wrote:

Hi to All.

Not so good news.

https://pentaxrumors.com/2020/10/17/report-pentax-k-flagship-aps-c-dslr-camera-is-delayed/#more-9292

Be patient.

Regards, Petar.

"Peter" from Photorumors is not a Pentaxian, and he doesn't care at all about Pentax. He cannot be trusted to properly convey a text.

The original source is here:

https://twitter.com/thisistanaka/status/1317335422540763136

and it says:

"It seems that the next model of PENTAX, for example, will be "a little later" than my predicted (expected) release date."

So, the camera will be launched slightly later than he expected. That's all.

Who knows, there could be some difficulty with component sourcing due to the Covid, but nothing serious enough to make people happy.

Note that the only official release "date" is by the end of the year. Everything else we've seen are people's guesses.

Alex

The issue is not so much the delay, although with other companies announcing new bodies that is tough, but it is the SILENCE.  Some of us have been saying there must be a glitch or a covid related issue or a sensor problem.  This latest rumor would seem to "confirm" our worse fears.

No sugar coating how I feel today -- I am let down, I am afraid that I will be soon asking what Nikon or Sony camera might have to go under my Christmas tree.   Tough decision, with the new glass that I will also have to buy.  But the good news:  there are options.   It would really be smart for Pentax to provide feedback on what is going on and the specs for their new camera.  My hesitancy to jump brands relates to my long term contentment with Pentax bodies (other than for racking images in motion) and my enormous supply of good lenses.  OH WELL -- PENTAX TALK TO US.

John

breeze_of_wind's gear list:breeze_of_wind's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ogl
ogl
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow