my first shoot in my new life

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Brian Wadie Forum Pro • Posts: 10,188
my first shoot in my new life

I have just survived major surgery to remove a massive bowel tumour (performed by a friend of over 20 years who I am told is one of the best in the world in his field)

Not only did he get it all out it turned out he did so before it turned malignant, I am bowel cancer free

Even more amazing there appears to have been very few side effects to my abilities, I am weaker and will remain so for the rest of my life but I can do everything I did before, albeit it at the moment using a a "disability scooter" (and off-roading trike that looks like a Harley from the front )

I still have aggressive and advanced bowel cancer but Hormone therapy has nailed it dead and to PSA results are now at the minimum detectable limit!

No sympathy, in hindsight its been the most amazing experience and at the age of 79 I'm about to start a whole new life with my lovely wife, I feel reborn

So, to my pics from the first shoot in this ne life. Its only 3 weeks since the op but my recovery has been amazingly quick. I've just got this new "Trike" and took a 4 mile expedition to our local Hengistbury Head Nature reserve for the first time in many months.

It was perishing cold and bits of me I had forgotten I had got shaken so much I can still taste them

At first there was no real action but a little male Stonechat arrived to perch in his usual spot, looked straight at me and it was as if he recognised me. He flew straight toward me and did a little display as if to say welcome back, it was amazing.

Shortly afterward his missus turned up at a distance and also gave me a show

I hope you don't mind a few pics to celebrate this, shot using the RX10 mk4

I am so glad I purchased another copy of this amazing camera just before I went into hospital, it was part of my "get well fast" motivation package (the next one is a new car, we are on that in 3 hours )

Be happy for me and share in some of my joy

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow