I've noticed a similar pattern

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PhotoFactor Veteran Member • Posts: 3,485
I've noticed a similar pattern

When the first Mac brought out the GUI, there were religious advocates on both sides for a number of years - command line versus GUI interface. Once Windows came out from Microsoft, former command line users adopted it and the GUI vs command line wars faded.

For many years we've seen the DSLR vs. Mirrorless wars. And then Canon, Nikon came out with their first and then second generation mirrorless cameras, after years of being laggards. And while still present, the DSLR vs. Mirrorless wars are fading as mirrorless is taking over, and DSLRs will fade and remain a small niche.

Former anti-mirrorless readers, once their own pet DSLR brand came out with mirrorless cameras, are now buying mirrorless and saying "... it's not so bad, I really like the pet brand mirrorless models...". And a few hardcore holdouts or truly needy of DSLR's remaining strengths stay in the declining DSLR space.

This same pattern seems to happen whenever a disruptive technology emerges and threatens to displace the old guard.

PhotoFactor's gear list:PhotoFactor's gear list
Sony a6000 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
tex
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow