What Mirrorless Camera Should I get with a $3000 total budget?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sinantio New Member • Posts: 18
What Mirrorless Camera Should I get with a $3000 total budget?

Coming from a Nikon D5600, I have learned that I love to take photos and that the limits of the D5600 were really annoying me to the point of searching for an upgrade this holiday season. With a $3000 budget for both the camera and lenses, I am looking for a camera that does these things in order of importance:

1. Has Good Low Light performance (I'm mostly taking pictures in cityscapes and indoors)

2. Has a good Viewfinder (I'm kinda apprehensive about viewfinders on mirrorless cameras since I have never used one before)

3. a good autofocus system (the d5600 is very annoying to me with its limited autofocus)

4. Has a good control system that allows me to change my ISO and shutter speed with on-camera buttons and dials (I would also like to be able to adjust aperture, but I'm used to not being able to adjust with physical buttons anyway)

These are probably most important to me, with photography being more important to me than video (though I could be surprised moving from the d5600)

For a bit more info about me:

I have smaller hands, I only use the Viewfinder for pictures, and I have only used zoom lenses for photography (I want to see what the difference between primes and zoom lenses before I make the jump to a full prime setup)

The main cameras I'm considering are the Sony a7 3, a7 c, a7r 2, a7r 3, and the Fujifilm X-S10 (i have never used full-frame but I really want to have a full-frame camera). I'm open to anything, but the Sonys have been the most appealing in my research.
Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Sinantio's gear list:Sinantio's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Nikon D5600 Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +3 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D5600 Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow