A6600 to A7C is it worth it?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Pragmateek New Member • Posts: 21
Re: A6600 to A7C is it worth it?

mkfed wrote:

I don't know if you need a camera soon, but I would wait for the next aps-c of Sony that has usb-c and uhs-ii card slot. Right now the A6xxx series is all old tech, and so is the A7C (at least it ticks the boxes mentioned though)

I could wait for monthes, but the release cycle of Sony is quite long: A6500 was released in autumn 2016 and A6600 in autumn 2019, so at the same pace the next one would be released in 2 years.

Compact setups with full frame you can only achieve with prime lenses, e.g. Samyang 35mm f2.8 comes to mind. Since you want good zoom range and compact, you should stay with aps-c. Getting your zoom range of 18-135 on full frame needs the 28-200 of Tamron which will be bigger and heavier.

Indeed, FF lenses bulkiness is one of the blocking points.
I'll try to see by myself in a store.

Jostian wrote:

The Colour tech in the A6600 is from the A9 so the jpegs are brilliant.
The sensor has been tweaked to and its great.

Glad to know the colours are better as Sony is well-known for its poor colours rendering especially with faces which are yellowed.

I just wouldn't go for the 18 135 as buying a non weather sealed leans is always a compromise.

Which alternative would you recommend?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow