M50mkii How did you expect anything different

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davev8
davev8 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,157
M50mkii How did you expect anything different

I think folk got a little excited when we got rumors of 32MP ,IBIS ETC ETC ETC even when they know the M50 is an entry level camera ..and strangely many in this forum that was most vocal and say this will/needs to happen i noticed are also the ones most vocal about canons Crippal Hammer so know all about canon segmentation between models.so how was it remotely dreamt that canon would make an entry level camera with an entry level price and speck it close or better than the flagship camera with a flag ship price ...it had 2 Hopes .....Bob Hope and no hope.....

also in the comment on the DPR article on the new M50mkii so many are claiming the end of the world as the M50 was outdated 2 years ago ETC ETC ETC

However as i see it the nearest APS-c rivels are the Sony A6100 and the Fuji XT-200 and all three are very comparable..in fact a DPR TV vid that review the 2 aformenthond and the M50 put the M50 in front in some categories and in 2ed place overall and this is before this update and if i remember the fuji was put in 1st place manly for the lenses but its some time since i watch the vid

so it is what was expected ..a cheap refresh just to keep up with the entry level competition at a point when canon is spending a lot of resources on the R..it makes good business sense ...i don't think anyone can be peeved about this entry level camera ...now if you want more than you will have to flash the cash and have to upgrade from an entry level camera ..but most folk wanted top speck but at a price that no other cam manufacturer will do but seam p1ssed for some reason because canon won't ether

.if your upgrad needs an EVF than that may be problematic..but that has nothing to do with an entry level camera

vid link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Xkd57fxr4&ab_channel=DPReviewTV

-- hide signature --

Attention Dislexsic i mean dyslexic person... This post will have many although spell checked, spelling and grammatical errs ..its The best its going get so no need to tell me it is bad I know it is .....................................................................................................
My 5D IS a MK1 classic
.........................................................................................................
There is no argument for FF vs APS-c (or m43) with shallow DOF..as it's a law of physics and a very subjective personal thing if you want to make use of the shallow DOF only FF can offer
.....................................................................................................
If you wait for a camera that will tick all your boxes ....by then you will have more boxes to tick..... so the wait continues .....David Appleton

davev8's gear list:davev8's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +5 more
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow