Considering the Fuji X-E3 and have some video and body questions

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
HamSupLo
HamSupLo New Member • Posts: 23
Re: Considering the Fuji X-E3 and have some video and body questions

Erik Baumgartner wrote:

I’m pretty sure the X-E3 sports the same EVF as my X-T20 which, while smaller and a step down from my X-T2, is really just fine and is very nice to shoot with. I really only notice the difference between the two when I’m using them simultaneously. The flicker isn’t an issue and only happens under certain artificial lighting conditions. The X-T2 has a MUCH better eyecup than any of the smaller models which can make a big difference in direct sunlight. There are good aftermarket options for the X-T20, not sure about the X-E3.
The 35 f/1.4 is a great combination of a softer periphery at wide apertures and nice sharp corners when stopped down. It works well for both people photography and landscapes too. This is the only landscapey pic I have access to at the moment and is at a very high ISO, but you can still see the 35 f/1.4 is quite sharp across the frame at f/8...

Wow, thanks! This is great and nuanced information. I wish I had it when deciding between the X-E3 and X-T20 for my wife. Ended up finding a great deal on the X-T30, but before that I was frozen in indecision.

HamSupLo's gear list:HamSupLo's gear list
Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow