Deciding between 2 models - X100F & X100V

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ChangshaNotes Forum Member • Posts: 84
Re: Deciding between 2 models - X100F & X100V

miatancdan wrote:

From what I read , there is lots of improvements with the X100V but is it worth $550 difference in price?

I ordered the X100F because of the difference in price.... $1899 X100V vs $1349 X100F ( Canada ) in shipping at moment.

Was this a mistake to order the X100F ? Can still return unopened to Amazon.

Or is still considered good option for $1349


Of course, only you can answer if it's worth it. $550 is nothing to sneeze at and the X100F is a great camera, but the X100V is the biggest jump in the series.

I've upgraded every two models, so X100 then X100T and now X100V. Before all the improvements were incremental, but I consider this one a big jump. I think the new lens is a huge improvement, and with the articulating screen and weather resistance, it really was a no-brainer for me but everybody is different.

My usual upgrade schedule would be to wait until the next X100 series is out and pick up the 'V' then. One generation behind the current and skip one. I feel that gives me the biggest bang for my buck. But this time I didn't want to wait and I'm happy I didn't.

 ChangshaNotes's gear list:ChangshaNotes's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100V
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow