24-35mm F2 on SD Quattro H ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ceistinne Senior Member • Posts: 2,364
Re: 24-35mm F2 on SD Quattro H ?

F8Mostly wrote:

Hi,

I have had the SDQ H for a while now, and I have found it extraordinarily demanding on lenses. Actually, I have not one lens under 50mm that can resolve this sensor. I am wary of finding out that the 24-35mm F2 is not up to the task. I got an 24-105mm F4 ART new and after trying it in the conditions described below, had to return it: sides and corners were unsharp (very unsharp) at a-l-l focal lenghts and apertures. I was really bummed out. I do not think it was that particular sample, because the softness was very even in the frame, i.e. not the product of misaligned elements.

Your impressions of the 24-35mm F2 on the SDQ H would be much appreciated, especially about the resolution of landscape photos taken at F8 or F11 with the lens set at infinity or thereabout, center vs sides and corners and, even better, compared to primes in the same conditions.

Any input will help. Thanks a lot in advance.

F8Mostly,

I was going to get that lens for my sd Q H but thought the range was too narrow so got the 24-105mm instead and am not sorry as I find it is not lacking in sharpness in any way. I just wish it could be a little smaller but then it is so well built, can't have it every way, I suppose.

s

Ceistinne's gear list:Ceistinne's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sigma SD9 Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow