Experience sending in your Zeiss Touit 32mm 1.8 for firmware update?

Started Jun 26, 2015 | Discussions thread
HamSupLo
HamSupLo New Member • Posts: 23
Re: Experience sending in your Zeiss Touit 32mm 1.8 for firmware update?

DutchMM wrote:

snapa wrote:

Personally, I would NEVER own a lens that needed to be sent to the manufacturer to have updates done to it. It seems like a crazy expensive and archaic way to have a lens updated, IMO!

They seem to have got the message. The Fuji versions of the 1.8/32mm and 2.8/12mm can be updated while mounted on the camera. And I see you can do the same with the Batis 2/40mm - which isn't of much interest to me until I find one I can afford.

Just to be clear, I know historically, Zeiss required shipping lenses to them for firmware updates, but is that a thing of the past now?

If I follow the Fuji steps here, will I receive all the updates I need without having to ship my lens to Zeiss?

I see that for the Sony instructions, Zeiss explicitly says to ship the lens in, but I'm assuming for Fuji, everything can be done at home. Just want to make sure!

HamSupLo's gear list:HamSupLo's gear list
Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow