Cameraphones - suggestions please!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,363
Re: Cameraphones - suggestions please!

Droo wrote:

I have to retract my previous statement about no software being able to handle the RYYB sensor RAWs of the P40 Pro. Snapseed seems to read the embedded profile correctly now (I am pretty certain it did not back in May, it looked like it ignored the profile altogether).

Unlike Lightroom, you can also set the white balance without running into the color temperature or tint limits. You still have very weird values and using the sunny/cloudy etc. presets won't work, manual still does the job.

From that point of view, Snapseed is a pretty decent mobile solution to edit and export RAW photos on the P40 Pro. It still seems to lack noise reduction,

such a pity about the lack of NR option, otherwise Snapseed is very good, I use it over LR just cos its so much simpler, use it for all my phones when playing with RAW.

chromatic aberration correction and defringing, so it won't replace RawTherapee for me, but if I don't have access to my PC, I might start using Snapseed again.

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a6600 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow