CL & B/W jpeg

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
rc53 Contributing Member • Posts: 607
Re: Charles

Edward48 wrote:

Charles2 wrote:

You also have the raw files, yes?

For my taste, I found the blacks in the first shot too intense. The tones in the church shot are delightful. Compare the histograms. (I cropped off the thick black borders.) If you happen to agree -- which you may well not -- the raw file can be developed and converted to black and white with more adjustment of the blacks.

Hi Charles. Thanks for the comments and suggestion re the tonality. The deep blacks don't bother me particularly but as you say, it's down to taste. Probably just as well as I didn't shoot RAW at all, just jpeg. I deliberately burned my boats on the colour option so as to concentrate on the best shot selection for B/W. I didn't succeed every time but enjoyed the exercise all the same.

All the best
Mike

Why not shoot RAW and jpg? You will get a B/W image in the viewfinder if you chose that as the jpg "type", you can view the jpgs later to see which you prefer, and then edit properly/to your taste in Lightroom (or your choice).

Jpgs are meant to be "final", so they ought not to need editing. RAWs have to be edited.

-- hide signature --

Sláinte
Robert

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow