Made in .....

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
petergerritsen
petergerritsen Regular Member • Posts: 363
Re: Made in Japan is better.

mine has wobble at around 40mm.  Own the lens for 6 months. For a pro lens  i am a little disappointed.   But happy with the optical results.

Funny Valentine wrote:

petergerritsen wrote:

i didn't know. Are the China ones wobble free?

Funny Valentine wrote:

petergerritsen wrote:

maybe we can start a poll. Mine 12-40 pro made in Vietnam has the wobble problem.

Wonder if made in Japan 12-40 pro is wobble less.

sheers Peter

There's no made in japan 12-40 pro. Only china and recently vietnam.

I've seen older posts from back in 2015-2016, people claiming their china made 12-40 have no wobble even at 40mm.

But yes there are copies with no wobble. And a lot of copies with varying wobble. Some have wobble only at 40mm. My copy wobbles from 12 to 40. There's around 1mm of wobble at 12mm and around 2mm of wobbling at 40mm.

I contacted the Olympus european repair centre and they told me it's normal. So I didn't send them my copy, since there's a good chance it will be roughly handled during shipping and adding to the problems, yet with no guarantee for repair.

-- hide signature --
 petergerritsen's gear list:petergerritsen's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow