Made in .....

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
petergerritsen
petergerritsen Regular Member • Posts: 363
Re: Made in Japan is better.

maybe we can start a poll. Mine 12-40 pro made in Vietnam has the wobble problem.

Wonder  if made in Japan 12-40 pro is wobble less.

sheers Peter

Funny Valentine wrote:

In my experience made in japan olympus lenses are much better.

I own the 12-40 pro, 25 1.8, 75-300, and 60mm macro. The worst one is the 12-40 pro. And it's made in Vietnam. The zoom barrel has a massive wobbling at all focal lengths and it even makes some noise while wobbling. And I'm not the only one with this problem you can find dozens of people sharing the same experience on this forum.

The 12-40 f/2.8 ""PRO"" is a joke of a lens in my opinion. The fact that the Vietnam factory is willing to put out such a low build quality is worrying. In comparison my 25 f/1.8 and 75-300 are both made in Japan and cheaper but they're much better built.

That's why Olympus will be the last time I will buy a non-japan-made camera/lens. I've always been with Canon and they're made in Japan and the build quality and finish are top notch. For the same reason I will stay away from Sony, Panasonic, Fuji and Nikon and wouldn't touch them with a 10 feet pole since they're mostly made in china and thailand.

You can pretend to be a super liberal open minded person and saying made in thailand and china is good quality, but the fact is workers who are paid well and happy at work deliver better quality. That's why made in Japan is always better because the workers are respected.

-- hide signature --
 petergerritsen's gear list:petergerritsen's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow