Canon 7Dmkii still a good investment in 2020?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
traptack Junior Member • Posts: 38
Canon 7Dmkii still a good investment in 2020?

Is the 7Dmkii still worth purchasing in 2020? Specially when you compare it to the current line up of mirrorless cameras available to you.

I have the opportunity to purchase a used 7Dmkii with some lenses (17-55 ef-s, 100-300 ef, and 50mm) with some extra batteries and cards. Shutter count is somewhere above 200,000+ (owner does wildlife work). Body looks well taken care of,  and the sensor was recently cleaned by Canon. Asking price is a little under $900.

A lot of the strong points this camera has- I feel my current Fuji Xh1 covers. The only reason I am considering a purchase is because I'd like to familiarize myself with the canon ecosystem- with the mindset that I'll probably purchase a FF canon down the line ( R5 or R6, unless Fuji makes a FF body). I primarily shoot fashion portraits with natural lighting, but can see myself doing some studio shoots in the near future.

I could use the money to invest in other glass for my Fuji though- either weather sealed, OIS, or vintage glass (of which I prefer their look and handling).

For those that still hang onto the 7dmkii, why? And for those that ditched it- do you regret it?

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R5 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow