D700

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
StillLearning
StillLearning Veteran Member • Posts: 4,400
Re: D700

toomanycanons wrote:

jebo1 wrote:

I am still quite sure that the D700 and D3 equipped with Nikon prime lenses will take better (or at least comparable) pictures than a D750 or D850 equipped with the standard zoom for a fraction of the costs (if you know how to use them).

The D700 myth continues. Some truth in the above statement (cost) lots of myth (will take better pics). I know I'm paraphrasing here but it's just incredible how the D700 lives on in the imaginations of so many.

Close but better?

https://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm

No matter what you say to those who love the D700 will always love the D700. Don't get me wrong, I also loved my D700 back when I had it but time moves on. I've seen this mentality with the D300 in the DX forum though the D500 may have helped the transition away from the D300.

I still have photos on the wall taken with my D700 and it was a great wedding camera except when shooting in the quiet environment during the wedding ceremony. Never could get over the loud shutter. Probably the only negative I had about the camera. But it can still serve many even today if they don't need cropping. I shoot now with the D850 and mostly crop and reframe. But that is me.

StillLearning's gear list:StillLearning's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Nikon D7200 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow