Best value USED High MP body?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
OP Prairie Pal Senior Member • Posts: 2,792
Re: Best value USED High MP body?

Dismayed wrote:

Prairie Pal wrote:

For still life, macro, compositing, and scenic. Which is to imply I have no need for refined or fast focusing. 800's 810's are fairly cheap right now but not a big mpx bump from my D600, so I'm looking for min of 40mp. Thinking 850 used prices could slump soon, but might be paying more for the features I dont need rather than the sensor. I could adapt my Nikon lenses to SONY! ?
This is a retirement hobby.
--
Ivan

How large do you plan to print? and where is your current D600 letting you down?

24" on the short edge.  Hoping to achieve detail enough to stand up at 12" viewing distance.  Photographing indoors with camera support and ample lighting.

The D600 isn't really letting me down yet but i haven't printed anything to 24" yet.  I have a chance to give it to someone for a good cause, and have an excuse to ugrade.

-- hide signature --

"He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he's wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he's right."
~ Bob Dylan
“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.”
~ Will Rogers

-- hide signature --

Ivan

Prairie Pal's gear list:Prairie Pal's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow