Best value USED High MP body?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP Prairie Pal Senior Member • Posts: 2,794
Re: Best value USED High MP body?

michaeladawson wrote:

Prairie Pal wrote:

For still life, macro, compositing, and scenic. Which is to imply I have no need for refined or fast focusing. 800's 810's are fairly cheap right now but not a big mpx bump from my D600, so I'm looking for min of 40mp. Thinking 850 used prices could slump soon, but might be paying more for the features I dont need rather than the sensor. I could adapt my Nikon lenses to SONY! ?

I don't quite get why you would adapt your lenses to a Sony camera. The A7rIII is 42MP and not that much cheaper used than a D850. The A7rIV is 60MP but is going to be more expensive.

I guess I was just throwing in the sony as an option if anyone thought there was an outstanding reason for it.

What full frame Nikon lenses do you have? It appears you only have one.

Apologies for that, i updated my list, though not many to add.

If you want to make the switch to Sony that's fine. But I'd do it with the idea that I'm going to buy Sony lenses. Not adapt Nikon.

True.  I guess I didn't clarify my thoughts.  My main application will be in studio still life "object" photoraphy for compositing and printing.  That genre seems to be one that holds my interest bar far.

In that application if there was a strong argument for Sony, i would consider it.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

Thanks for replying

-- hide signature --

Ivan

Prairie Pal's gear list:Prairie Pal's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow