P950 - My attempt at shooting the planets

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
threed123
threed123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,452
P950 - My attempt at shooting the planets

It took about 20 minutes to get these, and I took a lot of wasted shots. Focusing was the biggest issue until I selected focus at infinity. Noise really shows up quickly, and I let the camera choose the shutter, etc. Saturn was the most fun, and with a lot of enhancement using Topaz 5, I was able to get the Cassini division, but I had to get rid of the noise and halo around the planets, so this is cloned out, and this is greatly cropped.

P950-1400mm - Saturn. I couldn't zoom in more and stay in focus. You can see the rings, though.

P950-Saturn extreme crop and some Topaz 5 enhancement, noise reduction and cloning away the halo. Can see Cassini division and ring shadow on the planet. Or maybe the outer ring is a noise artifact, don't know.

P950-1100mm - Jupiter and moons, cropped. I think that is Ganymede further out, and Io and Calisto close in. No detail on the planet. Will try to get more zoom tonight.

P950-2000mm - Mars. Was able to zoom in more, but no detail. Reddish hue, though.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow