Dissatisfaction with results from equipment

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shakkaku New Member • Posts: 1
Dissatisfaction with results from equipment

Hello,

I've been doing wildlife photography on and off for years with various different lens' and bodies.

Recently I was lucky enough for my village to visited by a very rare Hoopoe bird that got blown in. I dusted off my camera and drove down to take some shots. It was a very easy bird to photography and didn't seem bothered by the crowd of photographers with their huge telephoto lens at all.

When I got home I sat down to edit them and to my dismay found them all a little soft. This is a problem I always seem to encounter and something that is always mentioned in competitions when I have my photos judged.

I currently have a Nikon D7200 body with a Nikon AF-S 200-500mm telephoto as my main lens. Other lens' I have are Sigma 105mm macro, Sigma 10-20mm and an old Nikon 18-55mm kit lens.

I am so dissatisfied and depressed about the softness of most of my photos that recently I have seriously thought about selling it all and giving it up.

Here are some example photos I have taken:

I can't decide if this is a limitation of the equipment I am using, or If I am doing something wrong myself. Any suggestions or comments are very welcome.

Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow