Lightroom Freezes in New PC Build

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 4,951
A 3990x for Lightroom???

JSB wrote:

Just built a new PC. Ryzen 9 3990X, Windows 10 Pro, nVidia GTX1650, 32 Gigs of RAM and m.2 drives. Reinstalled all my programs and they seem to be are running well. I just installed the latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud and added latest versions of Photoshop, Lightroom and Acrobat. Photoshop and Acrobat run without issues. Lightroom, however, runs for a few minutes then will suddenly freeze and refuse to work. I've tried disabling GPU in preferences without success. Anybody else having this problem and does anyone have a suggestion to get Lightroom running properly? Any help is greatly appreciated.

May I ask what made you get this expensive high end   CPU for Lightroom?  A little bit over the top don’t you think?

Also for learning information purposes can you provide the brand and model of each PC component such as RAM, hard drives and GPU?

Thanks 👍

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow