Are there any 600mm lenses for the Sony mirrorless cameras on the horizon?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Dan_168 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,673
Re: Are there any 600mm lenses for the Sony mirrorless cameras on the horizon?

zBernie wrote:

I have a Sony a7iii and was wondering if there are any rumors of lenses which will fit this camera? I believe the only two are the Sony 200-600mm f/5.6 and the Sony prime f/4, which is about $13k. I thought that Tamron or Sigma might have a 600mm available by now.

-Thanks

I am using both my Sigma 150-600 ( Nikon Mount) and Tamron 150-600 ( canon EF mount) on my Sony A7R IV occasionally, such as shooting timelapse for moon rise and stuffs like that, both works fine, but as a landscape guy I use them in manual focus only, main reason is I don't use my Sony as my main camera only used for backpacking and very long day hike, so for those trip I never bring a 600mm lens no matter that is Sony or Canon or whatever brand , so I don't really need a dedicated Sony mount version, but if I do, the 200-600 will do the job for me, i especially like the short zoom ring rotation travel distance, a quarter of a turn, you move from 200mm to 600mm already, also I am a huge of a internal zoom, so the Sony 200-600 checks all the boxes for me if I need a dedicated Sony zoom.

Maybe Sony will produce something like the Canon RF 600 and 800 type of lenses in the future, I personally will never buy one of those F11 primes lens, just too limiting with such small aperture.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow