Achieving the best shallow DOF/bokeh with the biggest field of view. Transforming a 30mm into a 70mm

Started Oct 6, 2020 | Discussions thread
Massao Senior Member • Posts: 2,580
Re: Achieving the best shallow DOF/bokeh

flip 21 wrote:

So when you use an wide lens adapter you will loose a little bit of Shallow DOF/Bokeh? Is that it? Or you maintain the same bokeh, before using the wide lens adapter, at the same distance from the subject, but with a wider field of view (that's my objective)?

The latter. You maintain the same DOF and bokeh.

Is there any good cheap wide lens adapter for the NX1, out there, that you recomend?

Wide angle lens adapters fit on the front of your lens via filter-screw. So, depending on the filter size of your lens (nothing to do with NX1 camera), you will have to search for wide angle adapters that fit. Step-filter rings can often create a mess (black corners). Look for wide angle lens adapters offered by reputable brands (Canon, Nikon etc.) and see which ones fit on your lens.

On my NX 16-50mm OIS lens, I use Nikon WC-E68x with a 43-46mm step filter ring. There is slight issue in corners (black) which I can live with for candid videos.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards,
Massao
--
First camera: Canon FTB; First autofocus SLR camera: Pentax; First Nikon: F601 (N6006); First digital camera: Sony DSC-W5; First DSLR: Nikon D70; First mirrorless ICL camera: Samsung nx11

Massao's gear list:Massao's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Pentax K-r Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1100 A3000 +40 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow