Switching from Canon 6d to Sony A7, needing advices about adaptor

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
voronspb
voronspb Senior Member • Posts: 1,982
Re: Switching from Canon 6d to Sony A7, needing advices about adaptor

krystof163 wrote:

Could any one advice me regarding about the best adapter in that case (specifically Canon EF lenses to Sony E-mount)?

Generally there're two more or less reliable EF-E adapters: Metabones (MBV) and Sigma MC-11. Neither is ideal, in the worst case you may need both of them: e.g. MBV is good for many Canon-branded lenses, but it doesn't work well with Canon 8-15L; while Sigma is needed for Sigma lenses, and it supports 8-15L, but it doesn't support Tamron 70-300 at all.

All in all, don't count on adapter too much. I switched from Canon to Sony 2 years ago, and I sold most of my Canon lenses really quickly, despite having an adapter. Adapted lenses don't match the performance and convenience of native ones, and also there's added bulk, your mirrorless camera essentially becomes bigger with adapted lens next to DSLR, not smaller.

And now it's 2020, and it may be wiser to stay with Canon, as EOS R6 looks good enough to me.

-- hide signature --

Vladimir Gorbunov

voronspb's gear list:voronspb's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD Sony FE 35mm F1.8 Tamron 70-180mm F2.8 Di III VXD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow