Achieving the best shallow DOF/bokeh with the biggest field of view. Transforming a 30mm into a 70mm

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
flip 21
flip 21 Senior Member • Posts: 1,439
Achieving the best shallow DOF/bokeh with the biggest field of view. Transforming a 30mm into a 70mm

Hello guys

I'm figuring out ways of increasing the field of view of the bokeh area. One of my favorite Samsung lens is the 30mm. I noticed that when the subject is close to the lens, the bockeh increases a lot, but there isn't too much of the subject in frame for my taste :(, just an eye, or parts of the face...

So how can you increase the field of view, with the same bokeh that I like? I want to understand it because I was thinking about buying the Sony Zv1, but the sensor is so tiny, that It might achieve a good bokeh/shallow DOF only when I'm really closed to the subject, such as in Product Show mode, where small objects are in frame, but the bokeh is tremendous..

Now some questions, I know that the zoom lenses produce better bockeh, such as the 50-150mm f2.8, but the Zv1 zoom is only 70mm, and despite the aperture is 2.8, the sensor is tiny, so there isn't much of the subject in frame. I'm aiming for a face plus neck at least like in portraits videos. So I ask:

When you get the subject more close to the lens, what makes the bokeh bigger? What is the best way to increase the field of view, with such a fantastic bokeh/shallow DOF, such as an 85mm f1.4? Is it:

- Adding a wide lens adapter, so you can get closer to the subject, with the same bokeh seen with small objects, and still having the subject in frame (face plus neck)?
-Using extension tubes?
- Adding a teleconverter adaptar such as this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8PdwSHy1AU&ab_channel=GrahamHoughton

So that the focal lens increases. The problem is that the aperture also changesĀ  to bigger values

- Do you guys have any clue of what am I asking you here? LOL

I had an old cmera, that was FF. It had a the same  bokeh and the field of view was wider, than on APSc cameras.

Thanks

PS: Hope you guys understood me

Sony ZV-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow