EM1 MK II Surf Photography.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Stephane SHG
OP Stephane SHG Regular Member • Posts: 154
Re: EM1 MK II Surf Photography.

MEDISN wrote:

Stephane SHG wrote:

Javaka wrote:

Nice set of images. I had a go at photographing surfers from the shore in and around Biarritz, this summer (GX8 + PL 50-200). I was quite pleased with the results, but it's not easy. Your shots are very good.

Best,

Alastair

Thanks, I'm looking for a great deal on the 300mm F4 PRO myself. The waves breaks on a reef pretty far from the shore so that lens would be perfect.

Wonderful shots as always Stephane. The 300/2.8 on a 18" monopod (stumpy) is my preferred setup for surfing here in Southern California. Allows me to get low, at the edge of the water and shoot comfortably (and dry). The more compact 300/4 is also excellent if you're moving around a lot or shooting from within a crowd handheld.

Really looking forward to the 150-400/4.5 as that covers the perfect distance for surfing here. Picks up right where the 40-150/2.8 leaves off.

That 300mm F/2.8 is really something else... Great shots ( love the shallow DOF on the one with the girl).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow