Purchasing a R6 and very confused about cards and lenses

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Tazz93
Tazz93 Senior Member • Posts: 2,620
Re: Purchasing a R6 and very confused about cards and lenses

Steve Balcombe wrote:

Tazz93 wrote:

As far as Lexar quality, I have a new card for my R5 and its blazing fast and seems reliable (but I don't use it a lot with the CFe slot available). Regardless, I'd still say any V60 UHS II will be fine, and there are lots to choose from at reasonable prices.

I've ordered the Lexar V60 card as a spare for my R5. No SD card supports all the video modes, or buffer sizes as large as CFx, so it can only be a fall-back if my one and only CFx card fails or gets filled up. Therefore good enough I feel. There are others which are in the same ballpark for price - but not Sandisk.

Yeah, my V90 Lexar doesn't hold a candle to the CFexpress slot. On my R5 it clears the full buffer in 6 seconds compared to about double that with the V90 card. For a little reference, the San Disk we are all talking about (I have a number of them) takes about 40 seconds to clear the same size buffer.

However the V90 card is fast enough for the lower bitrate 8k modes and is a legitimate option for those using the R5 and not ready to shell out more for a CFe card. But to use the high bitrate options a VERY specific set of requirements need to be met.

-- hide signature --

Mike Jackson - Wildlife Photography Enthusiast
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mj_flickr/

Tazz93's gear list:Tazz93's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Jx9
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow