Building System – D7500 + 70-300 AF-P + ??????

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
jkokura Regular Member • Posts: 114
Re: Building System – D7500 + 70-300 AF-P + ??????

I can't speak to the warranty issues of grey market gear, I'll leave that to others.

But for a second lens, in your shoes I'd want something that gives me quality. I know spending more on a lens probably would be hard, but I'm wondering if you can save a little more and spend it a little differently. There are two lenses that, in your shoes, I'd be seriously looking at.

- 24-120mm F4: It's a Full frame lens, but it will be better than anything you've listed. I use one on my DX cameras, and it has a great equivalent view of 36-180mm, which is a fantastic range given that it's a constant aperture and has VR built in. And if ever one day you get your hands on a FF camera, you're good to go. The great thing about this lens is, because it's a kit lens for the FF cameras, there are PLENTY on the used marked, and you can get them for $4-500 US.

- 18-140 F3.5-5.6: It's a DX lens, and it's not nearly as good as the 24-120, but it is a good range, and it's more budget friendly for your needs. To be honest, I would not recommend this lens except that occaisionally you can find one very inexpensively. However, if I had a chance to choose between this lens and a 24-120, I'd pick the latter, especially if they were close in price.

Jacob

jkokura's gear list:jkokura's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow