If you could ask Nikon for 3 Z DX lenses...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Rohith Thumati Contributing Member • Posts: 671
Re: If you could ask Nikon for 3 Z DX lenses...

sportyaccordy wrote:

EOS-M has a 9 year head start.... that's 9 years of volume, development and market base Nikon would have to compete with. I'm honestly shocked Nikon did Z DX at all, but given how quickly the market is contracting I think they are going to keep investment into it at an absolute minimum. I would not buy into Z DX with the hopes that it will ever come close to a fully fleshed out system. I would go as far as to say I don't expect any Z DX lenses beyond the two on sale now.

Yeah, there’s no chance Z DX becomes a fully fleshed out system like Fuji X. If Nikon fulfills it’s roadmap and adds a couple more lenses (like a wide DX zoom), though, I think it’ll be close enough, especially when coupled with the FX Z lenses

But in general, I think it’s good advice to not buy into a system until it has the lenses you want - or at the very least, not until those lenses are announced with an on sale date and price (a roadmap announcement isn’t sufficient to me, since roadmaps can change). The Z and R mounts may be a bit different for a lot of people due to legacy lens support, but if you bought a Z50 with an expectation that Nikon would come out with a specific lens or set of lenses, you kind of only have yourself to blame if it doesn’t come out or doesn’t come out for a long while.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow