Good alternative grip for ROS RP

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 7,625
Re: Good alternative grip for ROS RP: JJC

I got the JJC bracket grip for the RP and so far I've loved it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0836QMSRB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits well, and has fine fit and finish. Some of the cool features:

• It's an Arca compatible plate. So it just slides on the Arca clamp on the tripod or monopod.
  • The battery access door opens.
  • Has a second ¼-20 hole in the base (I use that to attach my shoulder sling)
  • Has a carabiner ring attachment that flips up for use. Only fits smaller biners though.
  • Has slots to thread in webbing for a hand sling, etc (2cm).

The tripod attachment arca slots and the ¼ hole are especially a big deal for me. The Canon plate requires one to attach via the thumb screw I think, which wouldn't be good.

The con of the JJC, if there it is one, is that where your pinky goes there's a bit less to press against, so if it's just a better handle this might not be as good. But for $36US....

Basically it's a bit of an RRS knockoff without a few bells and whistles, which one might not need.

I've gotten a few bits of JJC gear recently, including their EF to RF lens adapter. Both work as advertised and fit really well. No play. Sturdy materials. I'd recommend them.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow