Purchasing a R6 and very confused about cards and lenses

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Andy01 Senior Member • Posts: 4,194
Re: Purchasing a R6 and very confused about cards and lenses

Tazz93 wrote:

Sarah Is Confused wrote:

I definitely will! Thanks again everyone 😊

Yes, the originally posted 300MB/s San Disk card is likely expensive overkill for you, but a UHS II card is still what I would suggest... just a more modest one. Look for a decent priced V60 UHS II card like this one, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NLWGKT4/?tag=05060701-20. Fast and moderately priced.

At 120Mb/s WRITE speed (not the meaningless 250Mb/s READ speed) it is only marginally faster than a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95Mb/s or 170Mb/s (which can write at around 90-95Mb/s), and it is a Lexar which seems to have had some issues since they sold out or moved to China from bits I have read. Not sure I would go that route.

The R6's best video maxes out on a V60 card's speed so there's not much need to go any higher. That's good news because V60 cards are still reasonably priced and offer good performance.

As for the 70-200, the EF's will be a bargain, but the RFs on Canon's factory refurbs may be an option. Especially, when they come in upward 30%+ off mixed with other deals or sales vouchers. The biggest problem with the factory refurb's is waiting for stock. But they come from Canon with a full warranty, and generally looking brand-spanking new in a special but boring box. I have had one of the four lenses I bought from Canon's refurb program that had a food finger print on the body. Again that is the exception and after a quick wipe down, the single print was gone and the lens was maculate otherwise.

Colin

Andy01's gear list:Andy01's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Jx9
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow