Building System – D7500 + 70-300 AF-P + ??????

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DTA Forum Member • Posts: 63
Building System – D7500 + 70-300 AF-P + ??????

Hi All,

I got some great advice over in this thread (https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4522518) choosing a camera.

What I think ill go for is a new grey D7500, as here in the UK they are cheaper than new and e-infin seem to have quite good customer service from what I read. Im just waiting to hear back from Nikon UK to see if they will repair a grey import out of warranty as ive read conflicting answers.

So im thinking to go with the D7500, a AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR Lens (https://www.e-infin.com/uk/item/3089/nikon_af-p_dx_nikkor_70-300mm_f/4.5-6.3g_ed_vr_lens)

And I need something to fill the gap

D7500 and 70-300 will take me up to about £800, would like to keep it as close to £1,000 as I can

What I’ll be shooting

Given the lockdown most of my shooting over the next 3-6 months will be in and around London. City pics, architecture, night time shots (it’ll be dark by the time I finish work in a couple of weeks).

If I manage a few shots to upload to stock image sites that would be a bonus.

Family shots over Christmas / kids BIL playing rugby

Maybe eventually drag racing

Future – let’s see when we’re allowed to get out of the country!

Combos

I have been recommended the Nikkor 16-80 but at almost £500 that kills the budget IF I get the 70-300 (I had the 70-300 VR II a few years ago and enjoyed it)

So I see my options as follows

D7500 / 70-300 +… Nikkor 18-55 / Nikkor 18-140 / Sigma 17-50 f2.8 / Tamron 17-50 (not 100% on the difference between the VC SP and the LD IF)

Would the above be a good set? Which of the above would you recommend? I was initially thinking of going with a 35mm 1.8 as tht is the lens I used to use the most previously however I see the benefit of a zoom around that range.

Should I forget the 70-30 and put my money into something else?

Thanks for looking.

Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow