Sigma SA Mount

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jeffry7 Regular Member • Posts: 254
Re: Sigma SA Mount

Tom Schum wrote:

Lynxo wrote:

Almost $400 for dedicated TTL flash and not even available?I’m sticking to manual flash, no choice anyway. I’m just scratching my head.

I had that flash. It was excellent with the sd Quattro. I sold it though, since camera with flash and Art lens ended up weighing a lot more than I wanted.

Also, not mentioned so far is that mirrorless still struggles to keep up with the nearly perfect autofocus found in the DSLR. Sigma has not done well with this in their DSLRs but high end Canon and Nikon DSLR offerings are almost impossibly good, and mirrorless generally can't quite match them for speed and precision.

DSLR autofocus uses the mirror and a dedicated autofocus sensor. When properly adjusted and calibrated, as it is in high end Canon and Nikon DSLRs, the lens is ready for the shot the very instant the shutter button is clicked. With a mirrorless, the sensor does the autofocus, and this seems to be a stumbling block.

People who shoot sports, or birds in flight, or other fast action seem to prefer DSLRs, even at this late date.

For the the benefit of the OP, I was going to post something pedantic about auto focus.

But I think this does a good job explaining the state of the art in mirrorless auto focus and the evolution from DSLR cameras. It is more entertaining to.

https://petapixel.com/2018/10/16/camera-autofocus-systems-explained-phase-contrast-hybrid-dfd/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GCL
PT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow