Best used SLR for ‘newbie’ D7000, 7100, 7200, 7500 or other?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
lokatz
lokatz Senior Member • Posts: 2,123
Re: Best used SLR for ‘newbie’ D7000, 7100, 7200, 7500 or other?

DTA wrote:

So as always I’ve ended up more confused than ever getting deeper into reading.

The 7500 is a slightly improved 7200 but actually loses some features. I don’t know if I ever planned to use old lenses but id be nice to have the option.

Right now, if you had the choice which would you go for?

1. Used D7200 <15k shots for ~£425
  2. Used D610 <20k shots for ~£400
  3. Used D750 <20k for ~£650
  4. New, grey import D7500 for £590

Thanks for any thoughts.

Alright, here are a few more thoughts:

All of these have an AF motor and thus support older lenses.

Whether you prefer full frame or DX is mostly up to you, as it means different lens choices.

The D750 is the best low-light performer of these four, but none of them are slouches in that department.

The D610 seems a bit more feature-limited than all others, but some folks like exactly that aspect.

From an AF accuracy and precision perspective, the D7500 is best and the D610 is worst.

Whether the features the D7500 'loses' matter to you is again a personal choice. The most relevant ones are that there is only one card slot and no option to add an extension grip. Both are complete don't cares for me, but you may feel differently.

Personally, I'd prefer a used D7500 over a grey one because of the potential issue with official Nikon services refusing to repair grey gear, but that depends somewhat on where you live.

All in all, not much of a risk in whatever you pick. All of them can take great pictures, so don't obsess too much over picking "the right one".

lokatz's gear list:lokatz's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +26 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
Bob
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
DTA
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow